The School requires everyone on payroll to submit their time reports. Please be sure to report leave for vacation, illnesses, jury duty, etc. as needed. If you have specific questions about your time report, please contact your Supervisor or the Business Manager.
- Go to http://uaccess.arizona.edu/
- Employee / Manager Self Service - Login
- Self Service - Time Reporting - Report Time - Timesheet
- Complete your time report as required.
- If you have an hourly position and have no hours to report, no action is needed.
- If you need to catch up on previous time reports, use the << Previous Time Period link.
- If you want to fill out future time reports, use the Next Time Period >> link, but don't go past your position end date.
- Save & Submit - Ok
Please have all grant proposals to the Business Office at least ten business days prior to the deadline. This allows for a thorough review of the budget and to ensure that all university proposal routing is completed before the deadline.
If you need to hire part-time employees for your projects, please see the Business Manager at least 2 weeks before the work start date to ensure time reports will be ready. For positions that will have benefits, please start the process at least 4 weeks before the work start date. The Business Manager will guide you through the hiring options for your projects. Complete a Hiring Request form.
The purchasing process for projects begins with discussing your project budget with the Business Manager and identifying the purchasing method. For general instructional purchasing needs, please work directly with the Administrative Associate. Many purchases can be done via the department purchasing card or the online AZBuyways system and the Administrative Associate assists with these purchases after receiving the account to be billed from the Business Manager.
While there are alternatives to out-of-pocket spending (check with Adriana Kelly- Business Manager), there may be some circumstances when you spend personal funds on behalf of the School/University. To request reimbursement for non-travel expenses, complete the Employee Reimbursement form. Turn in a completed form with original, itemized receipts to Adriana Kelly, ENR2, S435. Original receipts dated more than 90 calendar days old will be considered non-qualified and will be added to your taxable income. More information can be found here.
SGD faculty, researchers, and staff travel for a variety of reasons and receive funding from numerous sources.
For domestic travel, a Travel Authorization form mst be submitted BEFORE any business trips. Examples of business trips include conferences, research meetings, etc that occur more than 35 miles away from the UA campus and benefit the University of Arizona. All employees and UA students traveling on UA business MUST have a completed travel authorization on file with the UA Travel department/ The Travel office recommends completing a travel authorization at least 30 days before departure. Please note that a new travel authorization form is needed for each trip/conference. Download and complete a Travel Authorization Form and have it signed by your supervisor. Turn in completed forms to Amanda Percy.
For international travel, it is recommended that you start filling out your Travel Authorization Form 60 days prior to departure and submit your completed form with required attachments to the SGD Office 45 days prior to departure. You must also register your trip at University International Travel Registry (TerraDotta) at the same time you are completing the Travel Authorization Form. For travel to a country with a Travel Warning, please complete a Supplemental Authorization form. Please see the FSO international travel policies and Global Initiatives travel policy and procedures for more information.
Here's a helpful example of how to complete your travel authorization form.
TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION ATTACHMENT EXAMPLES
- Conferences – attach a web page printout or other document that shows the conference information (location, dates, designated lodging, agenda, etc).
- Meetings – attach invitation email, letter, or agenda.
- Field Work – attach research schedule or email from lead PI.
- Funding Support – include SGD account number; for non-SGD support attach a copy of award letter, email from lead PI, or account business contact; or indicate “No-Cost”.
- Personal Vehicle - attach a Personal Vehicle Use Form and a copy of your auto insurance card if not already on file with the SGD Office.
- Driving Out of State - cost savings justification in lieu of airfare required – see the SGD Office for instructions.
- Personal Time – airfare comparisons for direct and extended travel required – see the SGD Office for instructions.
TRAVEL EXPENSE REIMBURSEMENT
To submit a travel expense report, please complete the Travel Expense Report worksheet and submit original, itemized receipts to Adriana Kelly, ENR2, S435. Receipts dated 90 calendar days or greater will be considered non-qualified and will be added to your taxable income.
CAR RENTAL INFORMATION
Details for renting a car through a commercial rental agency for University of Arizona business can be found here.
Adriana Kelly firstname.lastname@example.org, SGD Office funding, travel advances
- Travel Authorization
- Travel Forms to Warning Areas
- Travel Expense Report worksheet
- Employee Reimbursement Form
- Long-Term Travel Expenses Worksheet
- Use of Personal Vehicle Authorization