Classroom Technology Services
- Classroom Information (classroom descriptions and equipment)
- Ordering equipment (i.e., if your room is not equipped with a computer projector, you may order one to be delivered)
Other Services (labs, classrooms, instructional support)
Independent Studies: The form linked at http://www.registrar.arizona.edu/forms.htm should be completed and turned in before students register for an independent study.
All new courses need to go through an approval process that involves, in order: 1) appropriate SGD sub-committee, 2) SGD undergraduate committee, 2) SGD faculty, 3) SBS (through the SGD Program Coordinator), and 4) the Office of the Registrar Course Management System (through the SGD Program Coordinator) (which routes the course to a number of people for approval).
Please submit to the Undergraduate Committee:
1) a syllabus (SBS guidance below), and
Being aware of syllabus requirements and deadlines will help get your courses approved in time to have them listed in the online catalog.
Deadline to submit syllabus and course proposal form for new non-general education courses to SGD Undergrad Committee :
- for Fall semester courses: November 30
- for Spring semester courses: August 1
Resources and information for new courses:
- SBS course approval process (checks for syllabus completeness and overlap with courses in other units)
- SBS Deadlines
- SBS Syllabus Template (right side bar; includes recommended/required language)
Office of Registrar:
- UA’s undergraduate syllabus policy
- Deadlines for course additions, deletions, and modifications
- Course contact hour policy and calculation
- Gen Ed Tier 1 and 2 course information
- Other course management information
Making changes to existing courses:
If you are planning to submit any proposals, please send the SGD Business Manager the link to the proposal announcement for review as soon as it is identified (a month or two in advance is good). Please keep in mind that it helps the business office if budgets are finalized at least 10 days before the sponsor deadline so that there is adequate time for routing. Sponsored Projects Services needs the completed proposal 3 days before the sponsor due date.
The SGD Business Manager will prepare the proposal routing sheet and gather necessary signatures; plan for routing to take 1-2 days minimum (especially if routed through other schools). To start the routing, he will need the final project title, final budget, final budget narrative, project abstract, and your signature.
The SGD Business Manager can assist with budget preparation, budget justification, current/pending forms, etc. He can also help you navigate on-line systems and upload documents (ie Fastlane, NSPIRES, Grants.gov).
You can access the SGD policy for grant submissions here, which details the timeline for grant proposal preparation and submittal. Here is addditional information regarding the UAccess Research system.
UAccess Research training workshops and videos to learn how to prepare a proposal in UAccess Research and what is required for attachments, budget, and workflow.
Proposal Information Quick Reference including current ICR and ERE Rates
NSF FAQs on updated Proposal Preparation and Award Administration Guide (Jan 2013)
To obtain a list of all of your accounts and details about how your accounts are set up,
1. Go to UACCESS
2. Click on UAccess Financials > Financial System
3. From the Main Menu tab, under Lookup and Maintenance, Chart of Accounts/Accounting Line, click on Account
4. You will be asked to login with your NetId
5. For Chart Code, enter UA
6. Enter your netid in the field for Account Supervisor Principal Name
7. Click on Search
8. Click on the account number and you can drill into the account details
Back under the Main Menu, the Balances by Consolidation link will show account budget and balances (the balances may not be correct as Mosaic is still working out some bugs, so check with the Business Manager if you want to know your account balance).
1. from the Main Menu, under Balance Inquires, Accounts, click on Balances by Consolidation
2. For Chart Code, enter UA
3. Under Account Number, enter your 7 digit account #
4. Click on Search
*If you have questions, please contact the SGD Business Manager for assistance.
Reviewing and clearing your action list:
Go to: http://uaccess.arizona.edu
- Select UAccess Financials, Financial System
- Select Action List button
- Login with your NetID and password
- Click on each document number on the ID column on the left side of this page
- Scroll to the bottom of the document
- Click on approve/acknowledge/FYI