Please check out our FAQ before applying.
lly communicated to applicants within one month of submission of all required application forms and payment of required application fees. Note that international students who require a visa to study in the United States must have completed all parts of their applications by May 15, 2019.
Also note that some fellowships and other forms of financial aid may have earlier deadlines, and it is the responsibility of individual applicants to determine and meet such other deadlines.
Applying to the MDP Program:
The application process requires a general Graduate College application and submission of specific materials to the MDP program.
Step 1: Complete the Graduate College application.
Complete the online application. Please verify all requirements specified in the application.
Please upload the following documents directly to the Graduate College site:
- Statement of Purpose
- Unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended (offical transcripts will be required after preliminary review of the applications)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Resume or CV
- Photocopies of TOEFL scores (for International Students; some countries exempt: see grad.arizona.edu)
Statement of Purpose should explain:
- How and why you came to the decision to pursue a degree in international development practice, including your background, interests, experience, and skills;
- Your career goals in international development and the fields of specialization you are considering (health, environment etc.); and
- Why you wish to pursue your MDP at the University of Arizona.
Letters of recommendation: One letter should preferably come from a faculty member at your undergraduate or graduate institution who can evaluate your academic performance. The other should preferably come from a work supervisor who can attest to your international experience, interests and skills as they relate to the field of international development.
A professional CV or resume: Your CV/resume should detail your educational history, employment, internships, community or volunteer service, leadership experiences, languages, written publications (reports, articles, institutional materials, etc.) and any other relevant skills. It should include dates, institutions and locations for each item.
Step 2: Acceptance and enrollment
Once all materials are received and the review committee has made its admission decision, you will receive formal acceptance information from the UA Graduate College. This letter includes information about enrollment specifics; placement in the program is not guaranteed until the student completes enrollment. Proof of immunization or waiver is required. At this time, you will need to send official copies of your transcripts directly to the Graduate College.
International students cannot register for classes until they attend the International Student Orientation. The MDP program remains in close contact with all international students in May and June to confirm enrollment.
Finally, please direct all questions to MDPAdmissions@email.arizona.edu.