Business Office Resources
REIMBURSEMENTS AND SPEAKER PAYMENTS
Vicki Henry (firstname.lastname@example.org, 520-626-8212) can answer questions about reimbursements and payments to speakers.
Be sure to submit reimbursement within 90 days of purchase date or it will become taxable income.
EMAIL ALL FORMS, RECEIPTS AND INVOICES TO VHENRY1@ARIZONA.EDU FOR REIMBURSEMENTS.
EMPLOYEE EXPENSE REIMBURSEMENTS:
- Complete and sign the Employee Expense Reimbursement Form: https://www.fso.arizona.edu/sites/fso/files/2017-12/iEMPLOYEE_REIMBURSEMENT_REQUEST.pdf (Download and save form before filling in the fields)
- Submit with itemized receipts (credit card receipt by itself is not acceptable).
- Business purpose is required.
- Business meeting expenses must include agenda and list of attendees.
- Please provide receipts via email by scanning, copying, or screen prints. Original receipts are no longer needed and will not be picked up from office.
- Please note that Amazon invoices must show date of shipment. They cannot show “NOT YET SHIPPED”.
- Non-Employees can receive reimbursements if they complete the Non-Employee Reimbursement Form.
- Form must show business purpose.
- All previous rules apply to non-employees.
- Non-Employees can receive payment for services if an Independent Contractor form (ICON form) establishes valid payment status. https://www.fso.arizona.edu/sites/default/files/2020-08/independent_contractor_2020-08-11.pdf
- A W-9 (obtained from IRS.GOV website) must also be submitted on the FSO Secure Docs Upload website since it contains sensitive information. https://www.fso.arizona.edu/accounts-payable/upload
- Honorariums can be provided to non-employees on an ICON form.
- An Honorarium Statement must be submitted with the ICON form. https://www.fso.arizona.edu/sites/default/files/2019-10/honorarium_statement.pdf
FOREIGN VISITOR payments: Please let me know at least two weeks in advance so that I can acquire proper documentation from the Payee. Some foreign visitors may not receive any payments from UA.
F-1 or J-1 visa holders must be invoiced by their sponsoring institution.
TRAVEL: NO TRAVEL IS BEING APPROVED FOR CONFERENCES, MEETINGS, OR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT, UNLESS A SPONSOR REQUIRES IT, DURING COVID19 PANDEMIC.
Essential travel requires prior approval from Director and SBS-Dean. Please review FSO Travel Policy for other requirements necessary to travel during COVID19: https://policy.fso.arizona.edu/fsm/1400/1418.
If and when travel ban is lifted, or Travel Pre-Authorization is approved by Dean’s Office, then:
- Complete a Travel Authorization Form BEFORE travel. (Download and save form before filling in the fields)
- All receipts must be itemized with details (credit card receipt by itself is not acceptable).
- Gratuity cannot exceed 20%.
- No alcoholic beverages can be reimbursed.
- Airfare receipts must show:
- Economy flights only
- Proof of payment
- Lodging receipts (folio preferred) must show:
- Nightly price
- (Meals and/or incidentals listed on the folio cannot be reimbursed.)
- Car rental receipts must show:
- Daily costs and taxes
- Proof of purchase
- If any meals are provided during travel, those meals will be deducted from PD meals.
- PD meals rate is based on location where spending the night, except return day is based on previous night’s location.
- PD meals for day of departure and day of return are calculated at 75%.
FOR OTHER SGDE RESOURCES NOT FOUND HERE
Additional resources including our bylaws, faculty promotion guidelines, departmental policies, electronic letterhead, etc., please log into our Box Folder (in the SGDE School of Geography & Development folder) with your NetID and password. If you can't access the Box Folder, please contact Amanda Percy.