Departmental Resources

Business Office Resources


Daniel Contreras (, 520-621-1652, Office ENR2 S430) can answer questions about reimbursements and payments to speakers.

Be sure to submit reimbursements within 90 days of purchase date or it will become taxable income.



  • Complete and sign the Employee Expense Reimbursement Form: (Download and save form before filling in the fields)
  • Submit with itemized receipts (credit card receipt by itself is not acceptable).
  • Business purpose is required.
  • Business meeting expenses must include agenda and list of attendees.
  • Please provide receipts via email by scanning, copying, or screen prints.  Original receipts are no longer needed and will not be picked up from office.
  • Please note that Amazon invoices must show date of shipment.  They cannot show “NOT YET SHIPPED”.


  • Non-Employees can receive reimbursements if they complete the Non-Employee Reimbursement Form.
    • Form must show business purpose.
    • All previous rules apply to non-employees.
  • Non-Employees can receive payment for services if an Independent Contractor form (ICON form) establishes valid payment status. then click on “Independent Contractor Form" (ICON).   This will take you to Adobe Sign where you will follow directions.  Or you can send the non-employee’s email address to Daniel Contreras and he will be responsible for sending out the ICON form via Adobe Sign.
  • Honorariums can be provided to non-employees on an ICON form.
  • An Honorarium Statement must be submitted with the ICON form.

FOREIGN VISITOR payments:  Please let Daniel Contreras know at least two weeks in advance so that he can acquire proper documentation from the Payee.  Some foreign visitors may not receive any payments from UA. 

F-1 or J-1 visa holders must be invoiced by their sponsoring institution.


University business-related travel can be reimbursed if department approves or if you are using grant or research funds.  Be sure to provide the account number on your Travel Authorization.

  • Complete a Travel Authorization Form BEFORE travel. (Download and save form before filling in the fields. Then click on “Adobe Sign” at the bottom of the form.  This takes you to Adobe Sign.  Enter your supervisor’s email address into AUTH DEPT APPROVER/PI approver.  The FUND APPROVER should be routed to Luci Pavlich at  Or you can complete the form, save it and email it to to complete the routing process.)
  • All receipts must be itemized with details (credit card receipt by itself is not acceptable).
  • Gratuity cannot exceed 20%.
  • No alcoholic beverages can be reimbursed.
  • Airfare receipts must show:
    • Economy flights only
    • Proof of payment
    • Itinerary
  • Lodging receipts (folio preferred) must show:
    • Nightly price
    • Taxes
    • (Meals and/or incidentals listed on the folio cannot be reimbursed.)
  • Car rental receipts must show:
    • Daily costs and taxes
    • Proof of purchase
  • If any meals are provided during travel, those meals will be deducted from PD meals.
  • PD meals rate is based on location where spending the night, except return day is based on previous night’s location.
  • PD meals for day of departure and day of return are calculated at 75%.


Additional resources including our bylaws, faculty promotion guidelines, departmental policies, electronic letterhead, etc., please log into our Box Folder (in the SGDE School of Geography & Development folder) with your NetID and password.  If you can't access the Box Folder, please contact Nicholas Wilson

SGDE's DEI Report

SGDE Newsletters

Spring/Summer 2020

Fall 2019

Spring 2019

Fall 2018

Spring 2018