The University of Arizona consistently awards more undergraduate degrees in geography than almost any other school in the country. The School of Geography and Development (SGD) is ranked as one of the top geography departments in the country in terms of its graduate program.
SGD offers five undergraduate degrees:
- B.S. in Urban & Regional Development
- B.S. in Geography (with tracks in Physical Geography, Geographic Information Science, and Water, Land & Society)
- B.A. in Geography
- B.A. in Environmental Studies
- B.S. in Geographic Information Science Technology (fully online)
SGD also offers minors in the following areas:
- Urban & Regional Development
- Geographic Information Science (GIS)
- Geographic Information Science Technology (fully online)
- Environmental Studies
- We also work with students seeking to create thematic minors.
Vist this page to learn more about SGD.
As a member of the SGD community, there are various resources available to you. All majors can take advantage of our Majors Computer Lab in ENR2, which includes printing privileges. By being a SGD Major, you will hear about internship and grant opportunities, job openings, new courses, and general department events and happenings via the Major’s list serve. In addition to using the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences advisors for your general degree planning, you have additional mentoring and advising resources within SGD. Get involved though the undergraduate club and GTU, the geography honor society. And finally, take advantage of the awards that are available to SGD Majors.
We look forward to having you as a member of our community. Welcome!